Pages

Friday, June 15, 2007

Tanya Tucker

I know this is a barbecue blog and that folks visit this web site to read about bbq topics, but....I ran across some information about Tanya Tucker tonight while searching for barbecue topics on Google.

Did you realize that Tanya Tucker is not a member of the Grand Ole Opry?

I don't know how many country music fans read this blog, but I suspect there are several who lean a little more to the traditional side of things and might find that unbelievable.

Tanya recorded multiple smash hits including:
  • Delta Dawn

  • Texas (When I Die)

  • Two Sparrows in a Hurricane

  • Down to My Last Teardrop

  • What's Your Mama's Name
I realize that in the 1980's Tanya made some mistakes that put her on the outs with some long time fans, but she later returned to the top in the early 1990's with Grammy nominations, a Female Volcalist of the Year award, and wide-spread radio play.

This country music legend and inspiration for many of today's female stars including Gretchen Wilson, Miranda Lambert, Trisha Yearwood, Martina McBride, and many others deserves her due reward.

E-mail to the Grand Ole Opry to let them know that this country music icon deserves membership.
Here's another web site about Tanya Tucker that provides more "little known facts".

No comments: